Malachite is a gorgeous blue-green coloured crystal, a derivative of copper.
The semi-precious crystal is known to have many healing properties for body and spirit. Malachite was known in ancient Egypt as the Guardian stone, protecting against negative energy. It’s said to balance the heart chakra and open up to unconditional love.
Malachite is a copper carbonate hydroxide mineral with high copper content. Copper has a range of impressive benefits for health and body as it keeps nerve cells healthy, supports the immune system, forms collagen, a protein that helps make up skin, protects cells from damage, and helps iron absorption.
Why is malachite good for skin?
Malachite extract in skincare has a range of benefits;
- Helps skin to ward off free radicals like UV, pollution and smoke by protecting against oxidative stress.
- Stimulates collagen production and increases skin elasticity.
- Prevents wrinkles – malachite has been called the Botox of the crystal world.
- Aids in the synthesis of keratin and helps prevent excess water loss due to its high copper composition (and we all know how beneficial for skin copper is known to be)
- Detoxifies congested skin gently.
Malachite in skincare is an exciting innovation when it comes to natural active ingredients.
What skin type does Malachite benefit?
If skin is showing premature signs of aging, wrinkles or sun damage then malachite is the perfect tonic.
Due to its antioxidant and free radical fighting abilities malachite extract is a powerful ingredient to anyone who gets regular UV exposure – making it ideal for Australian skin – and especially beneficial for those living in cities or exposed to environmental pollution from traffic or smoke.
So pretty much everyone can benefit from skincare products containing malachite extract!
You can find malachite extract in Azur Marine Collagen Hydrating Face Serum. Paired with quality natural vegan collagen sourced from seaweed, it’s the perfect way to boost hydration, plump and protect against wrinkles and skin damage.